Twitter best practices
As you become more experienced at using Twitter for engagement, you will want to know some Twitter best practices.
Here are a few that I use:
- Be polite in every conversation
- Talk as if you are speaking with someone face-to-face – after all this is social media
- Use Direct Messages sparingly – and do not send automated messages as that can be seen as spam
- Another Twitter best practice is to add value to the conversation and not just send out one sales message after another
- Ask questions and be genuinely interested in the response
- As in real life listen to what the other person is saying
- Have a well written profile – after all that is where you will be making your one-and-only first impression
- Have a profile photo of yourself and not your dog or car or logo since people want to be talking with other people
- Use lists to identify those people that you would like to talk with more
- Be positive whenever possible – if you are seen as negative then that is probably the type of people you are going to attract
What are your suggested Twitter best practices? Let me know in the comments below and I will add them to the list.
For more information contact me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TomLeonardFanPage or give me a call at (747) 333-8789.
Put your storytelling ability to use: http://bit.ly/VGJasf